GOLD Membership Terms of Service
1. GOLD Membership Registration
- Clip Studio account holders may apply to become a GOLD Member through the process set out by Celsys. By applying, the account holder agrees to be bound by these GOLD Membership Terms of Service (“these Terms”). Clip Studio account holders become GOLD Members once the application is accepted. GOLD Members shall pay the GOLD Membership fee ("membership fee") each month as a quantity of GOLD points separately specified by Celsys .
- If a Clip Studio account holder does not have sufficient GOLD balance when applying for GOLD Membership, the application cannot be accepted.
- In the event that the Clip Studio account holder is underage, the account holder must receive permission from a person with parental authority or a guardian or other legal representative to apply to become a GOLD Member.
- Once the GOLD Membership has been accepted, the GOLD Member may not revoke it for any reason whatsoever.
2. Rejection of an Application
2.1 If any of the following applies to an account holder applying to become a GOLD Member, Celsys may reject the application. In such case, Celsys shall not be obligated to provide a reason for rejecting the application.
- (1) If the application is not made according to the process set out by Celsys.
- (2) If the account holder’s rights to use these Services have been forfeited as a compulsory measure.
- (3) If the account holder has previously defaulted on usage fees, late fees, or failed to perform other obligations.
- (4) If the use of the credit card or bank account specified by the account holder is suspended by the credit card company, receiving agent, or financial institution.
- (5) Any other conduct deemed inappropriate by Celsys.
3. GOLD Membership Benefits
3.1 GOLD Members can receive the following benefits.
- (1) Clippy tokens held by the GOLD Member, as defined in the Clippy Terms of Service (https://accounts.clip-studio.com/terms/clippy), shall not expire regardless of the validity period. However, if a GOLD Member has any Clippy tokens that have exceeded their original term of validity as a GOLD Membership benefit, these tokens will expire at the end of the month when the GOLD Membership ends.
- (2) Clippy tickets held by the GOLD Member, as defined in the Clippy Terms of Service, shall not be converted to Clippy tokens one year after they are received. If a GOLD Member has any Clippy tickets that have exceeded their original term of validity as a GOLD Membership benefit, these Clippy tickets will be converted to Clippy tokens at the end of the month when the GOLD Membership ends.
- (3) GOLD Members can receive priority support compared to Clip Studio account holders who do not have GOLD Membership.
4. GOLD Membership Valid Period
- The valid period of GOLD Membership registration is one month from the date when the application is accepted. The valid period is automatically renewed every month thereafter. However, if the GOLD balance of the GOLD Member is insufficient for the membership fee and the membership fee is not paid, the valid period will not be automatically renewed.
- A GOLD Member may cancel the GOLD Membership at any point following the steps provided by Celsys. In such case, the GOLD Membership shall cease at the end of the valid period in which Celsys receives notice of the GOLD Member’s intent to cancel. Celsys is not obligated to refund the GOLD Member for membership fees that have already been paid.
- In the event that Clip Studio account holder cancels their GOLD Membership according to the above paragraph 2, the account holder will be able to restore their GOLD Membership from the Clip Studio account page within 30 days of the membership ending; provided, however, that the Clip Studio account holder does not fall under any situations that would lead to loss of GOLD Membership, and has not fallen under any of the situations in Article 5, Paragraph 1 of these Terms, or breached the Celsys Terms of Service or other Terms.
- If Celsys accepts the restoration application described in the above paragraph 3, the GOLD Membership shall be deemed to have continued without cancellation. However, the period of time between cancellation and restoration of GOLD Membership is not considered to be GOLD Membership. Any Clippy tokens that have expired cannot be restored. Similarly, any Clippy tickets that have been converted to Clippy tokens cannot be reverted. The valid period of the restored GOLD Membership shall be one month from the date that the membership restoration is accepted. The account holder will not be retroactively charged.
5. Termination of GOLD Membership by Celsys
5.1 If a GOLD Member falls under any of the following situations, Celsys may immediately terminate the membership of the GOLD Member.
- (1) In the event of late payment of the membership fee;
- (2) if the GOLD Member has violated laws or ordinances, the GOLD Membership Terms of Service, the Celsys Terms of Service, or other related terms and conditions;
- (3) if the GOLD Member is or has been part of an antisocial force;
- (4) if the GOLD Member is involved with antisocial forces or such involvement in the past is made clear; or
- (5) any other conduct deemed inappropriate by Celsys.
- In the event that Celsys terminates the GOLD Membership in accordance with the above paragraph 1, the final day of the GOLD Membership shall be the day on which the GOLD Member is notified by Celsys of the loss of membership.
- In the event that Celsys terminates the GOLD Membership in accordance with the above Paragraph 1, Celsys is not obligated to refund the GOLD Member for membership fees that have already been paid.
- Celsys does not accept any responsibility for damages incurred to the GOLD Member as a result of the GOLD Membership being terminated in accordance with the above Paragraph 1.
- 13.1. Unless otherwise stated in the Celsys Terms of Service or other relevant terms, Celsys does not accept any responsibility and will not be liable for any loss or damage to the GOLD Member in connection with GOLD Membership.
- 13.2. In the event that Celsys is held liable for damages to the GOLD Member, Celsys shall be liable up to the total amount of membership fees paid by the GOLD Member within the past 6 months, only to the extent of actual direct damages. However, this shall not apply in the case of intentional damages or gross negligence by Celsys. The GOLD Member must claim damages from Celsys within 1 year of incurring the damages.
7. Changes to these Terms
- Celsys may change these GOLD Membership Terms of Service at its discretion. The changed Terms shall be effective immediately from being displayed on the Service. Clip Studio account holders shall accept the changed Terms shown on the Service before using the Service.
- Celsys shall establish a period in advance, and shall notify Clip Studio account holders in advance by email and on the Service of the purpose of the changes to the GOLD Membership Terms of Service, the content of the changes, and the effective date of the changed terms.
- Celsys does not accept any responsibility for damages incurred to the account holder due to changes to these Terms. However, this shall not apply in the case of intentional damages or gross negligence by Celsys.
First published: August 17, 2020